The application period for the 2014 DirectWomen Board Institute is currently open. To apply to the Institute, please visit directwomen.myreviewroom.com and create an account. A complete application consists of:
- An uploaded CV
- An uploaded headshot
- A completed personal information form
- A completed narrative response form
- A completed reference information form
- At least two letters of reference, submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. The most effective references are usually from a CEO, board chair or the managing partner of a law firm. Reference letters should include a description of your qualifications for board service, and an evaluation of your business skills and strategic judgment. Applicants are responsible for making sure reference letters are received by the due date.
- Payment of the $125 application fee
Only applicants who have completed each of these steps by June 30, 2013 will be considered for the 2014 Board Institute.
The 2014 DirectWomen Board Institute will take place in New York City on January 22-24, 2014. Attedance at all Institute sessions and related functions is mandatory. Please make sure you are available on these dates.
For those selected to participate in the Board Institute, there is an Institute fee of $2,500. Limited financial aid is available upon request. If you are selected to attend the Institute, your $125 application fee will be credited toward the Institute fee.
If you have applied in previous years and are reapplying, you will need to complete the application, but the narrative form will be shortened and focus only on current information. We will use your previous reference letters unless you supply new ones. You do not need to submit another application fee.
We expect to notify applicants about whether they have been accepted for the 2014 Board Institute by the end of August 2013. At that time, all applicants accepted into the 2014 class will be asked to make a firm commitment to attend the Institute and all related events.