Founded in 2007 as a project of the American Bar Association, DirectWomen maintains its 501(c)(3) status through the Tides Center, an umbrella organization for non-profits. Catalyst and the ABA’s Commission on Women in the Profession continue to be important strategic partners for DirectWomen. With the assistance of Catalyst, DirectWomen’s network has grown to include over 150 Board Institute alumnae, 35 Sandra Day O’Connor Board Excellence Award honorees, and a vibrant group of volunteers, including CEOs, directors of large public companies, executive search firm principals and other leaders of the business community.
Twenty-two percent (22%) of the alumnae of our first seven Board Institutes serve on at least one large corporate board. DirectWomen alumnae who currently serve on large corporate boards include:
- Susan Alexander: Invacare Corporation
- Rosemary Berkery: Fluor Corporation
- Emily Berlin: Birks & Mayors Inc.
- Connie Collingsworth: Banner Corporation
- Mary Cranston: Visa, Inc.; The Chemours Company
- Pamela Craven: Amber Road, Inc.
- Sheri H. Edison: AK Steel
- Kimberly Ellwanger: Heritage Financial Corporation
- Patricia Frobes: Zions Bancorporation
- Elisa Garcia: Dollarama Inc.
- Deborah Golden: Midland States Bancorp, Inc.
- Storrow Gordon: InfraREIT Inc.
- Ann Harlan: The Gorman-Rupp Company
- Peggy Heeg: Columbia Pipeline Partners LP
- Stephanie C. Hildebrandt: Rice Midstream Partners LP; TRC Companies, Inc.
- Mary Ann Hynes: GHD Group Pty Ltd.
- Stasia Kelly: Huntington Ingalls Industries, Inc.; Owens-Illinois, Inc.
- Sylvia J. Kerrigan: Team, Inc.
- Susan S. Lanigan: Kirkland's, Inc.
- Deborah Platt Majoras: Valero Energy Corp.
- Lisa Palumbo: Rayonier Advanced Materials
- Helen Pudlin: The Penn Mutual Life Insurance Company
- Jennifer Raab: Compuware Corporation
- Lynn Schenk: Sempra Energy, Biogen Idec
- Christine Spadafor: Boyd Gaming Corporation
- Allison Leopold Tilley: FBR & Co.
- Susan Tomasky: Public Service Enterprise Group Incorporated; Summit Midstream Partners, LP; Tesoro, Inc.
- Robin Walker-Lee: Rexnord Corp.
- The Hon. Elisse Walter: Occidental Petroleum Corporation
- Kathleen Wilson-Thompson: Vulcan Materials Company
- Mary Kate Wold: Unilife Corporation
- Mallun Yen: RPX Corporation
- Alice Young: AXIS Capital Holdings Limited