The Mary Ann Jorgenson Board Empowerment Award was created to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of DirectWomen and to honor the co-founder of DirectWomen, for whom the award is named.
The Award will be presented on occasion to a lawyer who has advanced the goal of DirectWomen to prepare women attorneys for board service and to increase the number of women on the boards of public companies. To be considered for the award, a candidate should display the following characteristics:
- a passion for and commitment to the mission of DirectWomen
- a sustained commitment to sponsoring and mentoring DirectWomen alumnae and other women attorneys to prepare for and obtain board seats
- a role model for women who aspire to be on corporate boards
- a track record as a champion for women in the legal profession
- a commitment to programs and events that expand the profile of DirectWomen