Former COO | Experienced Board Member | International | Executive Compensation | Risk Management | Regulatory Compliance | M&A and Financial Transactions
Value-Added Experience for Boards
- Experienced board member and C-Suite Executive with deep expertise in scaling high-growth organizations globally.
- Leadership roles as Board Chair, Compensation Committee Chair, and Gov/Nom Committee Chair; experienced member of Board Audit, Risk, and Investment Committees.
- Expertise in strategic growth, governance, executive compensation, and risk management for public and private companies, private equity, and nonprofits.
- Industry expertise in healthcare, banking, fintech, private equity and venture capital, both as a leader and strategic advisor through all stages of growth.
- Former Chief Operating Officer of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the world’s largest foundation with $65B+ in assets and an $8.3B annual budget.
- Primary governance advisor to Bill Gates, Melinda French Gates, and Warren Buffett as Chief Legal Officer during 22+ year tenure.
- Created global operational infrastructure establishing offices in China, India, Africa, and Europe.
- Negotiated multi-million-dollar licensing, joint venture, and M&A transactions and complex agreements with multinational corporations, bi-laterals, UN Agencies, and foreign governments.
- Architect of foundation’s IP strategy, known as “Global Access,” and led foundation’s work collaborating with for-profit companies in the biotech and ed-tech sectors as well as big Pharma.
- Advised on creation of $2.5B Strategic Investment Fund, investing in companies with innovative technologies; Investment Committee and Business Development & Licensing Council Member.
Current Board and Advisory Roles
- Banner Corporation (NASDAQ: BANR): Bank holding company with $16B in Assets—Board Member since 2013, Chair Gov/Nom Committee; Member, Compensation and Executive Committees.
- Axxes Capital, LLC: Private market platform supporting accredited investors to democratize private equity—Board Member and Audit Committee Member since 2021.
- Planet First Partners: $500M European private equity fund focused on investments aligned with UN Sustainable Development Goals and Europe’s Green Deal—Advisory Board Member since 2021.
- LoudCapital: Venture fund focused on fueling innovations driving equitable access to high-quality, people-centered healthcare—Strategic Advisor since 2023.
- Ocugen (NASDAQ: OCGN): Biotech company focused on discovering, developing, and commercializing novel gene and cell therapies, biologics and vaccines—Business Advisory Board Member. Since 2023.
- National Philanthropic Trust: Largest nonprofit administrator of donor advised funds, with $30B of AUM—Board Member and Audit Committee Member since 2023.
- Bank of America (NYSE: BAC): Enterprise Executive Development Program—Executive Sponsor since 2022 mentoring cohort of high potential senior BoA talent for program led by CEO Brian Moynihan.
Education: LL.M, International Business Legal Studies (England), J.D., B.A.