Carolyn Herzog is a C-Suite executive that has worked in a variety of industries including technology and international development. Ms. Herzog is seeking to add a corporate board while continuing to work in her full-time role. She has deep expertise in cybersecurity, privacy and risk with over 20 years of global business experience. She also has extensive experience in corporate governance, regulatory compliance, crisis management, strategic planning, ethics and compliance, customer and partner engagement, management excellence and succession planning, and business sustainability. Having extensive international transactional exposure, including in China, Japan and across Europe, Ms. Herzog has a global focus and understanding of the distinct cultural differences that can impact business culture.
Seasoned business leader of high performing teams in global, multinational technology companies with hands-on experience in public and private semiconductor IP ecosystem, cloud computing, communications, automotive, consumer, SaaS, industrial and government sectors. For approximately three decades, Ms. Herzog has worked in the global business arena, in the US, UK, France, Japan, China, Singapore and broadly across EMEA and APJ. For 8 years she has been a C-level executive and advisor to boards of directors on compliance, strategic, personnel, operational and cybersecurity risks, ESG, government affairs and business opportunities. She has led significant M&A transactions (including the ongoing up to $40b acquisition of Arm by NVIDIA and the 2015 $8b divestiture of Veritas from Symantec), M&A integrations and divestitures, key strategic initiatives to address major crises (including US-China trade affairs and Covid-19 mitigation and response), well as C-level organizational change management. In her current role Ms. Herzog:
- Drives corporate governance, and company direction on key objectives, including cybersecurity, and regulatory affairs
- Chairs/is Exec Sponsor for several committees including: AI Ethics, Compliance, Risk Review, Investment, Sustainability, Energy Use & Climate, D&I, and Security Council
- Leads on all legal and public affairs matters for the company, corporate strategy, and business initiatives including advising the Board of Directors on governance and risk matters.
- Arm Ltd., January 2017-Present, EVP, General Counsel, Corporate Secretary & Chief Compliance Officer
- Symantec Corporation, December 2000-January 2017 VP, Deputy GC & Chief Compliance Officer (immediate prior role was VP, EMEA Legal, UK)
- AXENT Technologies, Inc., December 1997-December 2000, General Counsel
- International Law Institute, December 1996-December 1997, Staff Attorney
- The World Bank, December 1990-August 1993, Project Coordinator, Africa Department
Lived and worked in US, UK, and France, worked extensively in Asia and across Europe with board level experience in UK and Japan.
- International Development Financing
- International Policy
- International Relations / Government
- Semiconductor IP, AI
- Cybersecurity, SaaS, Cloud, IP Licensing
- Big Data
M&A, Divestiture, Publicly Traded, Privately Held, Technology tuck-ins, Outsourcing, Insourcing, Global Expansion, Startup, JV (including China and Japan)
B.A. Washington University, St. Louis
J.D. University of Wisconsin, Madison
Silicon Valley Business Journal C-Suite Award 2019/20
AI Innovator of the Year nominee, AIconics Awards
American Legal Technology Awards, Law Department Exceptional Achievement
Distinguished General Counsel, Directors Roundtable
Attorneys That Matter, Ethisphere Magazine
Advisory Board, IPWatch Systems Corp.
Association of Corporate Counsel, Board Member
National Cyber Security Alliance, Board Member
Association of Corporate Counsel Europe, Board Member