Marie Oh Huber has an extensive track record as a business and legal/regulatory leader in three large, global public companies with significant experience in strategic and operational issues, digital economy, Internet, eCommerce, data sharing and security, online shopping/retail, M&A, corporate governance, shareholder relations, legal, enterprise risk management, regulatory, financial literacy, compliance, privacy, intellectual property, digital advertising and cybersecurity matters. 25+ years total at eBay, Agilent Technologies and Hewlett-Packard.
Business, competitive, legal, regulatory and public policy issues in the following industries:
- Digital economy, ecommerce, Internet: Global marketplaces platform and online shopping/retail; data-sharing, privacy, cybersecurity and digital advertising. StubHub-tickets; global classifieds.
- Life sciences, diagnostics and applied chemical markets: Food, environmental and forensics, pharmaceutical, diagnostics, chemical and energy and research.
- Hardware, software and solutions for global technology and manufacturing company.
- Financial literacy: 20+years working directly with audit committees, external reporting, treasury, internal audit and financial planning and analysis functions.
- Global M&A, strategic, corporate finance: International M&A, including leading roles in spin-offs (HP-Agilent; Agilent-Verigy; Agilent-Keysight; eBay-PayPal), acquisitions, divestitures, equity investments, IPOs and joint ventures; financings; transformation of Agilent into a life sciences co.
- Leadership and operational experience: Leader of global, critical functions managing to budget of >$100M,; external stakeholders, purchasing and personnel decisions for 225+ people globally. Also led regulatory affairs/quality assurance and clinical affairs for in vitro diagnostics, communications and philanthropy at Agilent.
- Executive compensation/talent: 20+ years working directly with compensation committees, compensation consultants on executive compensation programs, plan design, compliance, disclosure, as well as advocacy with investors and regulators.
- Legal, regulatory and compliance: General Counsel of eBay (and previously, Agilent): Responsibilities include M&A, risk management and mitigation, corporate, SEC and other U.S. and international regulatory compliance, data privacy, consumer protection, IP, litigation, commercial.
- Corporate governance and investor engagement: Extensive direct interaction with public company boards of directors, audit, compensation and nominating/corporate governance committees. Advocacy with investors and regulators on corporate governance, capital allocation, enterprise risk management, shareholder activism, cybersecurity and privacy/data security, strategy, executive compensation; board and CEO succession.
- Public policy/government relations: Led global public policy team at Agilent and now eBay.
- Corporate social responsibility, communications and philanthropy: Led corporate social responsibility, global external and internal communications and philanthropy at Agilent Technologies.
- James Campbell Company LLC (2014 – present) – Independent director and compensation committee and nominating/corporate governance committee member of private, Hawaii-based, nationally diversified commercial real estate company with office, retail and industrial properties in 16 states.
- Silicon Valley Community Foundation ($8B assets; 2015 – present) – Independent director and Investment Committee member of largest community foundation in the country.
EBAY, San Jose, CA. A $8.6B ($36B market cap) multinational corporation and technology, internet and e-commerce company, providing marketplaces platform for millions of individuals, small and medium-size businesses; owner of StubHub and global classifieds marketplace.
Senior Vice President, Legal Affairs, General Counsel and Secretary | 2015 to Present
Leads the global legal and government relations/public policy functions for eBay. Responsibilities include interactions with content regulators, law enforcement, IP, corporate governance and SEC compliance, contracts, litigation and other legal and government relations matters. Member of CEO’s staff.
AGILENT TECHNOLOGIES, Santa Clara, CA. A $4B ($16B market cap) industry leader in solutions for the life sciences (pharma and biotech, academic and research), chemical analysis (chemical and energy, food, environmental and forensics markets), diagnostic and clinical markets.
Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary | 2009 – 2015
Led 250-employee global team that included Legal and Compliance; Corporate Relations – communications, government affairs, philanthropy and international country manager program; Regulatory Affairs/ Quality Assurance and Clinical Affairs. Member of CEO’s staff.
Vice President, Assistant General Counsel & Assistant Secretary| 2000 – 2009
Led team responsible for M&A, corporate finance, securities, corporate governance, compensation and benefits, real estate and environmental support.
HEWLETT-PACKARD COMPANY, Palo Alto, CA
Corporate Counsel | 1990-1999
Mergers and acquisitions, securities, corporate finance and corporate governance
HELLER, EHRMAN, WHITE & McAULIFFE, San Francisco, CA
Attorney | 1988-1990
Mergers and acquisitions, securities and corporate matters
DEWEY BALLANTINE BUSHBY PALMER & WOOD, New York, NY
Attorney | 1986-1988
Mergers and acquisitions, securities and corporate matters
Northwestern Pritzker School of Law, J.D.
Yale University, B.A. (cum laude), Economics
London School of Economics
RECOGNITION: 2017: Asian American Legal Defense and Education Fund Justice in Action Award; 2016: One of “America’s 50 Outstanding General Counsels” by the National Law Journal</em>; one of the Top 50 Multicultural Leaders in Technology.
OTHER: Married; two young-adult children; enjoys cycling.