Portia Moore focuses on complex litigation, emphasizing defense against wrongful termination and race and sex discrimination claims. She regularly tries cases to successful conclusion for her clients and has served as lead counsel in numerous employment discrimination cases including charges of sexual harassment and retaliation. Portia’s experience also includes the successful defense of major product liability claims. With an undergraduate degree in nursing, Portia has a special and unique knowledge of the health care arena.
As a former assistant U.S. attorney for the Western District of Washington, Portia presented criminal indictments to federal grand juries, conducted jury and bench trials and presented oral arguments before the 9th Circuit. She successfully litigated jury trial cases involving charges of money laundering, mail fraud, tax violations, continuing criminal enterprise (CCE), racketeering (RICO) and national security issues.
● Shareholder, Lane Powell PC, Seattle, 2007-2010
● Partner, Morrison & Foerster LLP, San Francisco, 1990-2007
● Assistant U.S. Attorney, Criminal Division, United States Attorney’s Office, Seattle, 1986-1990
Professional & Community Activities
● Member, Board of Director, Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Puget Sound, 2011-present
● Faculty, National Institute for Trial Advocacy (NITA), Western Regional Program
● Chosen as a Select Group of Women Attorneys to be a Class Member, DirectWomen Board Institute, 2009-present
● King County Bar Foundation, 2009-present
● American Bar Association, Committee on Diversity, 2009-present
● Loren Miller Bar Association, 2007-present
● Instructor, The Urban League of Metropolitan Seattle, Children’s Summer University, Summer 2008-2010
● Investigative Hearing Officer, Office of Citizen (Police) Complaints, City and County of San Francisco, 1995-2007
● Women Pioneer Award, Loren Miller Bar Association, May 2011
● Awarded AV rating by the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory