Public, Private & Other Board Roles
- 2019 -Pres — Portland General Electric (NYSE:POR); Compensation Committee; Corporate Governance/Nominating Committee; Finance Committee previously
- 2021–Pres — Adevinta ASA (Oslo:ADE), a global online classifieds company with a dozen digital platforms in major European countries; Remuneration Committee
- 2015-2020 — James Campbell Company LLC, commercial real estate company; Corp Gov Committee
- 2016-2021 — Silicon Valley Community Foundation, largest community foundation in the U.S.; chaired CEO search committee for current CEO; chair, Corp Gov/Nominating Committee
- 2018-Pres — University Council of Yale, advisory group to the President
- 2018-Pres — Board of Northwestern Pritzker School of Law
Across her operating roles, Marie has developed a consistent track record of advising boards and C-suite teams through corporate transformations in times of business and customer disruption, growth, building and leading global, diverse teams through change at three Fortune 500 companies. She’s played leadership roles in major corporate transformations at each of the three international tech companies where she’s worked: HP spinning off Agilent Technologies (>$8B), Agilent transforming itself through M&A and organic growth into a life sciences company ($46B mkt cap), and eBay separating from PayPal and selling its StubHub ($4B), Classifieds ($4B) and Korean businesses to focus on its ecommerce marketplace.
She currently serves as an SVP of eBay Inc., a $80+ billion GMV and close to $10 billion revenue ecommerce and Internet company where she leads the global legal and government relations and public policy team. At eBay, she has helped guide the company through major portfolio changes and M&A activity, two rounds of public activism, Board, CEO and executive leadership changes, the building of global payments capabilities and a significant ramp in geo-political, regulatory, data privacy, ESG, cybersecurity and risk management activity affecting digital platforms/marketplaces.
Before eBay, Marie served as SVP and GC of Agilent Technologies, which transformed itself from a diversified technology company into a life sciences company. She also led global communications, regulatory/quality assurance and philanthropy. Before Agilent, Marie was an M&A/corporate lawyer at Hewlett-Packard Company. She started her career at large law firms in New York and San Francisco.
Marie is an avid cyclist and reader, and an enthusiastic learner of Korean and golf. In 2022, she gave the Convocation Address at Northwestern Pritzker School of Law and taught at Columbia Law as a Leader-in-Residence for organizational character and leadership. She and her husband live in Palo Alto, California, and have two young-adult children.
Yale B.A. (Economics); London School of Economics (1 year); J.D. , Northwestern Pritzker School of Law