Tamara Box is an experienced C‐Suite executive, independent director and global business leader.
She is currently Managing Partner, Europe and Middle East for global law firm Reed Smith, ranked in the world’s top 25 with revenues exceeding $1.42 billion annually, where she is a member of the Senior Management Team (C‐Suite) and an executive director of the governing board of the firm. As an SMT member, Tamara has management responsibility for overseeing the development of the firm’s global strategy and operations, including its investments in new business lines, new offices and new technologies. Prior to becoming an executive director in 2016, she served as a non‐executive director on the global board of the firm for more than two years, providing governance of a multi‐national entity whose revenues match or exceed that of many public companies. Before becoming Managing Partner EME, Tamara was global Chair of the firm’s Financial Industry Group, where she had P&L responsibility for the largest business line, with more
than $250m in revenues.
Tamara also currently holds two independent, non‐executive board roles in private companies. She serves as an independent board member of Interpath Advisory, the UK’s largest restructuring and debt advisory business spun out of KPMG into private equity ownership in 2021. She also is an independent board member of the group holding company of Hanover Capital, a private equity investment management business.
For almost three decades, Tamara has advised the C‐Suite, Treasury teams and General Counsels of financial services clients, including traditional investment banks, asset managers, private equity, debt and hedge funds as well as corporates and banks in both developed and emerging markets. She garnered a particular reputation, becoming a market‐ leading expert, as the go‐to advisor to the directors and boards of securitization debt issuers through and following the financial crisis.
Tamara is a business leader with global experience of leading and founding businesses in multiple countries, garnering board level, functional and operational experience of M&A, risk management, finance, compliance, human resources, governance, technology (including cybersecurity, digital and data strategy), compensation, strategy and crisis‐related issues, ensuring she would make strong contributions to any board or to board committees such as Finance, Risk, Audit and Remuneration.
Dual‐qualified to practice law in both the US and the UK, she has worked and lived in the US, Asia, and Europe, and has advised clients all over the world, including in the Middle East, Turkey, South Africa, Russia, Eastern Europe, the UK and Asia. The author of more than fifty articles and the speaker at hundreds of events across the globe, Tamara is a recognized expert in the field of finance and capital raising. She is a frequently sought after spokesperson and commentator for press and media on topics ranging from securitization, capital raising, social impact finance, real estate finance, M&A in financial and professional services, business development, governance/ESG and gender balance.
Not‐for‐Profit Board Roles
- Trustee and member of Operations and Finance Committee of the Eve Appeal, the UK’s premier charity for gynecological cancers
- Trustee of the Chartered Management Institute and chair of CMI Women
- Advisory Board member of Theirworld, an international children’s charity founded by former Prime Minister Gordon Brown and Sarah Brown focused on health and education initiatives
- Member of the Advisory Board of The Inclusion Institute at the London School of Economics
- Former Chair of the “Women of Influence” Board for Cancer Research UK, an initiative supporting CRUK’s female scientists
- Court of Governors, Emeritus and former member of the Audit Committee of the London School of Economics
- National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD)
- Women Corporate Directors (WCD)
- Financial Markets Law Committee – Member of Forum for Securities Markets
- Founding member of the Steering Committee of the 30% Club, a group of 100s of Chairs and CEOs globally, dedicated to increasing the gender balance of corporate boards and ExCos
- Member of The Committee of C200 (C200), an invitation‐only membership organization of the world’s most successful women business leaders
- Named one of the “Fifty Most Influential Lawyers” by Financial News
- “Eminent Lawyer” (highest, rarest rank) in Chambers’ UK Guide
- Named a “Top Deal Lawyer” by Legal Business
- “Best in Structured Finance” at Euromoney’s Women in Business Law Awards
- Ranked in the Financial Times (now Yahoo Finance) Global HERoes Champions of Women in Business List every year since inception (six years)
- Mentor of the Year at the Women of the Future awards
- Named to the UK’s All‐Party Parliamentary Group (a UK Government initiative) Commission on the Future of Management & Leadership alongside top CEOs/Leaders of UK business
Tamara holds an honours degree (B.Sc.) in Monetary Economics from the London School of Economics and Political Science as well as an honours degree from Georgetown Law Centre in Washington, D.C.
Tamara is an American and British citizen who has lived in London for 25 years.