Teresa Sebastian is a C-Suite executive and Board member. She has spent two decades in board rooms driving strategy, participating in the creation of shareholder value, and implementing best practices.
Sebastian is currently a Board member of The AES Corporation, a public power generation and utility company [AES: NYSE, $10B rev]; Terminix Global Holdings, the leading provider of residential and commercial termite and pest management services [TMX: NYSE, $2B rev]; Kaiser Aluminum Corporation, a public manufacturing company [KALU: Nasdaq, $1.6B rev]; Juul Labs, Inc., a private electronic cigarette company; and Edward Jones Bank, a proposed Utah-chartered industrial bank and affiliate of The Jones Financial Companies, L.L.L.P, a Fortune 500 firm and affiliate of Edward D. Jones & Co. L.P. a registered broker-dealer and investment adviser. She also serves on the advisory Board of Assemble Sound LLC, a private company that licenses, records, produces, and develops music.
Sebastian qualifies as an SEC financial expert and has used her finance experience as:
- The current President and CEO of The Dominion Asset Group (DAG). DAG invests in early-stage companies, new funds and partnerships. Since its inception, DAG has invested in multi-family residential communities, a historical hotel renovation, a mixed-use commercial development, a portfolio of small single-family urban homes, and an intellectual property portfolio, among other financial investments.
- Senior Vice President and leader of the Internal Audit function at Darden Restaurants, Inc. [DRI: NYSE, $8B rev], a Fortune 500 company.
- A current adjunct faculty for accounting and enterprise risk management at Vanderbilt University Law School.
- Chair of the Audit Committee for Juul Labs, Inc.
- Various business positions in financial analysis at Michigan Consolidated Gas Co., Morgan Stanley, and Bank of America.
Sebastian’s breadth of experience includes executive and leadership roles at diverse industries and at public and private companies. She has been a part of executive management teams working with boards on global expansion and brings a macro-economic view of business where she worked on global expansion, shareholder activism, and mergers and acquisitions at Darden Restaurants; and growth strategies as Vice President at Veyance Technologies, Inc. [Private, $2B rev] during its ownership by the Carlyle Group. Sebastian also held leadership roles in senior management in two regulated companies, DTE Energy Company [DTE: NYSE, $12B rev] and CMS Energy Corporation [CMS: NYSE, $7B rev].
Sebastian has been an executive leader in corporate acquisitions exceeding $600 million domestically and internationally; in capital-raising efforts in public and private markets averaging $2 billion; in the implementation of operating efficiencies for budgets exceeding $20 million; and in the divestiture of a $2.1 billion business.
Sebastian is also an adjunct faculty and lectures on corporate governance and compliance at the University of Michigan Law School. She currently resides in Nashville, Tennessee.