Teresa Sebastian is a C-Suite executive and board member. She has spent two decades in boardrooms driving strategy, participating in the creation of shareholder value, and implementing best practices.
Sebastian is currently a board member of The AES Corporation, a public power generation and utility company [AES: NYSE, $13B rev]; and Kaiser Aluminum Corporation, a public manufacturing company [KALU: Nasdaq, $3.5B rev]. She is also a former board member of Terminix Global Holdings, the leading provider of pest management services [TMX: NYSE, $2B rev]; Juul Labs, Inc., a private electronic cigarette company; and Edward Jones Bank, a formerly proposed Utah-chartered industrial bank filed by The Jones Financial Companies, L.L.L.P, an affiliate of Edward D. Jones & Co. L.P. a registered broker-dealer and investment adviser.
Sebastian qualifies as an SEC financial expert and has used her finance experience as:
- The current President and CEO of The Dominion Asset Group (DAG). DAG invests in early-stage companies, new funds and partnerships. Since its inception, DAG has invested in multi-family residential communities, a historical hotel renovation, mixed-use commercial developments, a portfolio of small single-family urban homes, and an intellectual property portfolio, among other financial investments.
- Adjunct faculty for accounting at Vanderbilt University Law School and enterprise risk management at the University of Michigan Law School.
- Former Chair of the Audit Committee for Juul Labs, Inc.
- Chair of the Audit Committee for the United Negro College Fund, and Treasurer for the Nashville Symphony Orchestra.
- Former Senior Vice President and leader of the Internal Audit function at Darden Restaurants, Inc. [DRI: NYSE, $10B rev], a Fortune 500 company.
- Various former business positions in financial analysis at Michigan Consolidated Gas Co., Morgan Stanley, and Bank of America.
Sebastian’s breadth of experience includes executive and leadership roles at diverse industries and at public and private companies. She has been a part of executive management teams working with boards on global expansion and brings a macro-economic view of business where she worked on global expansion, shareholder activism, and mergers and acquisitions at Darden Restaurants; and growth strategies as Vice President at Veyance Technologies, Inc. [Private, $2B rev] during its
ownership by the Carlyle Group. Sebastian also held leadership roles in senior management in two regulated companies, DTE Energy Company [DTE: NYSE, $19B rev] and CMS Energy Corporation [CMS: NYSE, $8B rev].
Sebastian has been an executive leader in corporate acquisitions domestically and internationally; in capital-raising efforts in public and private markets; in the implementation of operating efficiencies for budgets; and in the divestiture of a $2.1 billion business.
Sebastian is also an adjunct faculty and lectures on corporate governance and compliance at the University of Michigan Law School. She currently resides in Nashville, Tennessee.