Linda Addison recently concluded her term as US Managing Partner (CEO equivalent), Chair of the US Management Committee, and member of the Global Executive Committee of Norton Rose Fulbright, the third largest law firm in the world. She is now seeking to build a full- time portfolio of boards to which her global business experience will add value and further build on the experience she gained while serving on the Advisory Board of Northern Trust Bank, N.A.
For more than three decades, Linda has worked with CEO’s, corporate boards, and corporate executives across multiple industry sectors, both regulated and unregulated, including:
- Financial services/Fintech
- Life sciences
- Medical devices
- Real estate
- Consumer products
- Food & Beverage
Linda’s client portfolio focused on leading global companies such as General Electric Company, GE Capital, GE Healthcare, GE Power, GE Energy, GE Transportation, Northern Trust Company, Mars Incorporated, and Schlumberger.
Linda had P/L responsibility for the US region and was responsible for formulating and implementing US strategy. She was one of five regional chief executives defining and implementing the firm's global strategy, running the global business, and overseeing its global operations.
Linda is a global business leader with board level experience, functional experience, and reporting lines that included compensation, M&A, risk management, regulatory/compliance, technology (including digital transformation, cybersecurity, and data analytics), marketing/communications, HR, and governance.
Linda’s experience leading a complex global business will add value to a wide range of strategic and commercial areas, both as a board member and as a chair or strong contributor to board committees such as Compensation, Risk, Governance, Technology, and Audit.
Agenda, a Financial Times publication for board members, named her one of the Compensation 100: Top Board Candidates With Pay-Setting Skills. Linda was Chair of the US Compensation Task Force, which revised the firm’s compensation system to align it with the firm’s strategic goals, drive profitability, and consider rewards relative to performance. Linda has extensive experience in talent acquisition, deployment, and retention.
Linda’s M&A experience includes identifying merger prospects and post-merger integrations. Linda led the post-merger integration of six geographic regions (North America, Europe, Asia, Australia, South Africa and the Middle East) into the largest disputes/litigation department in the world, which comprised approximately one-third of the firm’s business globally.
- “50 Most Powerful Women in New York” by Crain’s New York Business
- “Compensation 100: Top Board Candidates With Pay-Setting Skills” by Agenda, a Financial Times publication for board members
- “50 Most Influential Women Lawyers in America” by the National Law Journal
- “100 Most Influential Lawyers in America” by the National Law Journal
- Council on Foreign Relations
- National Association of Corporate Directors (“NACD”)
- Women Corporate Directors (“WCD”)
- Regular participant in the annual Fortune Most Powerful Women Summit
- Founding President, Center for Women in Law (America’s premier educational institution devoted to addressing issues facing women in the legal profession)
- The Committee of 200 (“C200”) (global invitation-only membership organization of the world’s most successful women corporate leaders and entrepreneurs, directed at advancing women in business leadership)
Non-Profit Boards include:
- Kay Bailey Hutchison Center for Energy, Law & Business, the (Executive Committee)
- MD Anderson Cancer Center Board of Visitors
Linda earned a J.D. from The University of Texas School of Law, where she was the first woman Managing Editor of the Texas Law Review, and a B.A. from The University of Texas at Austin (Plan II Honors Program). She was named a Distinguished Alumna of the University of Texas at Austin.
Linda is a first-generation American whose parents immigrated to America from Poland in 1946. She understands Polish, which was spoken at home. She met her husband Max in law school, and they have an adult daughter. Linda is an avid reader who likes to travel and is interested in health and fitness.