Linda Addison is an experienced independent director, chief executive and global business leader. She is a member of the Board of Directors and Compensation Committee of Globe Life Inc. (NYSE: GL) (formerly Torchmark Corporation (NYSE: TMK)), an S&P 500 company. Linda is also an independent board member of KPMG LLP, the US audit, tax and advisory firm. She previously served on the Advisory Board of Northern Trust Bank, N. A. Linda continues to consider additional boards where her experience as an independent director and leader of a complex global business will add value to a wide range of strategic and commercial areas, both as a board member and as a chair or strong contributor to board committees such as Compensation, Risk, Governance, Technology, and Audit.
Linda is Immediate Past US Managing Partner (CEO equivalent), Chair of the US Management Committee, and global board member of Norton Rose Fulbright, one of the world’s largest law firms. For more than three decades, Linda worked with CEO’s, corporate boards, and corporate executives across multiple industry sectors, both regulated and unregulated, including:
- Financial services/Fintech
- Life sciences
- Medical devices
- Real estate
- Consumer products
- Food & Beverage
Linda’s client portfolio focused on leading global companies such as General Electric Company, GE Capital, GE Healthcare, GE Power, GE Energy, GE Transportation, Northern Trust Company, Mars Incorporated, and Schlumberger.
Linda had P/L responsibility for the US region and was responsible for formulating and implementing US strategy. She was one of five regional chief executives defining and implementing the firm’s global strategy, running the global business, and overseeing its global operations.
Linda’s reporting lines included compensation, M&A, risk management, regulatory/compliance, technology (including digital, cybersecurity, and data analytics), marketing/communications, HR, governance, and crisis management. Linda’s M&A experience includes identifying merger prospects and leading mergers and post-merger integrations across six regions (North America, Europe, Asia, Australia, South Africa and the Middle East).
Agenda, a Financial Times publication for board members, named her one of the Compensation 100: Top Board Candidates With Pay-Setting Skills, based on her extensive experience in compensation strategy and related talent operations, acquisition, deployment, and retention.
- “50 Most Powerful Women in New York” by Crain’s New York Business
- “Compensation 100: Top Board Candidates With Pay-Setting Skills” by Agenda, a Financial Times publication for board members
- “50 Most Influential Women Lawyers in America” by the National Law Journal
- “100 Most Influential Lawyers in America” by the National Law Journal
- “Distinguished Leader” by the New York Law Journal
- Council on Foreign Relations
- National Association of Corporate Directors (“NACD”)
- Women Corporate Directors (“WCD”)
- Founding President, Center for Women in Law (America’s premier educational institution devoted to advancing women in the legal profession)
- C200 (global invitation-only membership organization of leading women corporate executives and entrepreneurs, devoted to advancing women in business leadership)
Non-Profit Boards include:
- MD Anderson Cancer Center Board of Visitors
- University of Texas Law School Foundation (Trustee, Chair of Nominating Committee)
Certification and Education:
Linda earned the CERT Certificate in Cybersecurity Oversight from Carnegie Mellon University‘s Software Engineering Institute. She earned a J.D. from The University of Texas School of Law, where she was Managing Editor of the Texas Law Review, and a B.A. from The University of Texas at Austin (Plan II Honors Program). Linda was named a Distinguished Alumna of the University of Texas at Austin.
Linda is a first-generation American whose parents immigrated to America from Poland in 1946. She understands Polish, which was spoken at home. She met her husband Max in law school, and they have an adult daughter. Linda is an avid reader who likes to travel and is interested in health and fitness. She has climbed Mount Kilimanjaro.